Archie Gemmill is perfectly placed to talk about the rollercoaster ride of working with the legendary Brian Clough.
Gemmill won two league titles with Cloughie, at Derby County and Nottingham Forest, before later becoming a confidante of Old Big 'Ead as part of his Forest coaching staff.
In this fascinating chat with pod host Marcus Alton, the former Scottish international talks about:
- Waking-up at home to find Clough having breakfast downstairs.
- The match-day disagreements behind the scenes.
- The devastation of being left out of Clough’s 1979 European Cup Final side.
- Working with Cloughie as part of his coaching staff.
- Being refused permission by Clough to play in Pele's testimonial match.
There’s humour, reflection and - ultimately - praise from the former midfield maestro as he recalls special times with the Miracle Manager.